Tango Appassionata

[Thursday, May 21, 2009]

Hello Mid-May!

Now, all of a sudden, it has become almost the end of May. Upcoming random thoughts post.. GO.

- I need to watch Star Trek. This weekend probably.

- Even though I've been a faithful member of NEET for a month and a half, I've finally got a positive response from a potential employer of a job that's completely unrelated to my career path. It makes me deeply miss my graphic design position pay. After calculating the difference, I cried a bit inside. I guess I should just suck it up considering my circumstances.

- About interviews.... I got a phone call interview this morning. I was really unprepared, but obviously I should've been prepared though considering I've been applying here and there. It made me realize I haven't gone through an "official" interview for 3/4 years now. Now it's back to the usual questions: "Why do you want to work for us?" "...! D:?!"

- Anime Expo is roughly a month and a little bit away (WUT!). I must say, the guest line up isn't all that wonderful (a seiyuu or two, or another band besides Momusu, or a mangaka - any would all be nice). There's a lot of power rangers BUT THERE'S NO ORIGINAL WHITE RANGER TOMMY...! Or any other first gens (besides the Black Ranger, I think?)... Oh well, I guess I'll be stalking the exhibitor's hall again, as usual.

- While on the topic of conventions, I completely forgot about our lil ol' local con, Anime Evolution. They bumped up the dates this year but then again, we never seem to remember when it happens anyways. Grats to them for the venue upgrade, but the guest lineup is still quite boring. Maybe the ReBoot creator guy could be interesting... but that's it. Might just stealborrow a badge from someone again then follow to post a complaint on their forum.

- The USD/CND exchange has improved! $1.14 is wonderful news!

- Gas is still $1.04, not so wonderful news!

- I have a bunch of manga-related babble to talk about. Maybe I'll leave that for its own post.

- That newly announced PSP-3001 pack with the FFVII stuff... I was stoked at first until I noticed the PSP IS PLAIN. NO WANT. I knew I should've just bought myself a carnival colour when I had the chance... I shake my fist at the Project DIVA accessory set made especially for the 3000 series, GRR. It's my only reason for getting a third gen PSP. Oh and no glare! PSP under the sun without having to be a beach monster would be wunderful.

- I heard the Richmond Night Market has once again started. Time to make some plans (to food raid and loiter).

- I stumbled across Volks and their M.O.E. Collection earlier line today. I knew them as the FFS model people next to wave but I think only recently did they start making figurines? Their models are pretty decent but they aren't featured in the hobby review sites I visit. The underdogs perhaps?

- There's someone trying to pull me back into MHF. The temptation.........

- While on the topic of games, Shining Force EXA has reminded me of how awesome Diablo is and I/we/theworld needs Diablo III now. Faster please, Blizzard. Starcraft II can wait, really.

- Alright, mind dump complete.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails